Tuesday, November 09, 2010

If I had some land, I'd plant some vegetables

It all started when Edna got me a tray of kampung eggs direct from the wholesaler. So fresh! So tasty! So yellow! It was then when it hit home that we've been eating load of crap. Mushy battery farmed chicken, tasteless fish, onions that don't even sting the eyes anymore. I remember a domestic goddess once showed me a knob of turmeric picked from his mother's garden, as vivid as saffron compared to its pale anaemic cousin from the supermarket.

Last week Bubbit broke out in hives all over his precious baby torso after indulging in a new Twisties flavour: Bolognese Cheesy Onion...as if the name was not a warning in itself.

I'm not going to preach about going all organic and holistic...it can be extremely annoying, especially when people overdo it and start downing enzymes and sticking plasters on their feet to 'detox'. There is a load of hogwash riding pilion on this organic bandwagon, but when it comes to ice caps melting and polar bears drowning and egg yolks turning a whiter shade of pale, my tastebuds and conscience have to hop on take over the reigns! Yee haw!

I recall I wrote Something about this waaay back when I was 'enlightened'. Cause and effect. Living with consequence. Basically shit coming back and chewing you in the arse. That post was so deep, it took me a while to understand it again. In a nutshell, henceforth, I am trying to provide Bubbit and I with a healthier life. Healthier in terms of what we eat (better quality food, more natural food and certainly no more freaky pale yolks), healthier in habit (trying to minimise the binges - hypoglycaemia is no longer a friend), healthier in what we do (outdoor play vs video games), healthier in vibe and energy, well basically everything...

Big change in lifestyleI know, but baby steps...we can't rock and roll all our lives can we? Besides even rockers vinyasa nowadays...

No comments: