Friday, May 04, 2007

Overdose

Is it age or beauty? I think for me its beauty. I don't mind growing old as long as I am forever beautiful.

Yesterday I went a bit crazy at the pharmacist. My Mum introduced me to Millenium Pharmacy in Taman Mega that gives really good discounts on vitamins, sometimes as much as 25% off the prices marked in places like Guardian. Using that as a licence to splurge, I did.

I am on calcium, vitamin C, red clover blossoms, spirulina and vitamin E supplements in addition to a new Multivite with added B complex as well as Dermareen, an Imedeen-type supplement. Did I mention I like doing things in extreme?

This morning at 4am, I woke up with pains of burning indigestion in the back of my throat. I had swallowed 6 pills before going to sleep and my body was evidently screaming in rebellion. This was a mere 5 hours after I swallowed a previous 8. And let me add that these pills are not small - the Multivite looks like a large black beetle on steroids.

The whole idea is to space out the vitamins for enhanced absorption. I am due for 8 this morning but just can't seem to stomach it - the indigestion is still screaming its way further down my esophagus.

I mean, how nerdy can you get? OD-ing on vits...

2 comments:

Bel said...

Best to take your multivitamin in the morning, as the B vitamins give you energy for the day ahead. Same with spirulina, which is an energising protein.

And I find that taking pills after food and with lots of water/juice helps prevent the sickening/indigestion feeling.

My fiancee is a naturopath so I've slowly learned these things!

Rafleesia said...

Hey Belinda - thanks for popping by and thanks for the tips! Wha a useful fiance you have...

I also realised that the more I take, the more water I need. Have been downing jugfuls and peeing all the time.

PS. We share the same taste in music - I am very in love with Muse and The Killers at the mo...