Thursday, May 03, 2007

For the last time, I'm fine.

Really, I am.

I did think long and hard about blogging about this, but then again, there really isn't anything to hide. Yes, its not always in good taste to comment about past relationships and air dirty laundry, but then again, that's not what I'm doing at all.

ExH remarried last weekend. Yes, it is a little awkward, I must admit. Especially so soon. A little like having an out of body experience because, well, he has only been married once before and that was to me, so it does take a little getting used to. But to those of you who look at me questioningly when the topic is raised or try to find surpressed sorrow beneath my smiles, there really isn't anything there, I assure you. And the more you look, the more it makes me question myself that perhaps there ought to be, which tends to make me look more guilty, when really, I am fine! Really, really, really!

I cannot say I wish them unwell, nor do I wish them well either. I really have no take on the issue - and don't read into that comment as if I've subconsciously numbed myself to reality because I haven't. I am the most un-numb I have been in a loooong time. And that's for you to believe or not, because it really doesn't bother me.

I only wish them luck, for I know every marriage needs a bit of that.

My only negative concerns in my life right now are my weight (as usual) and strangely enough, my climbing (that seems to have lost a bit of its fierceness lately). Yes, it's that trivial - my last post will certainly corroborate this. Actually, there is one more thing -but that one relates to a relationship with someone very close to my heart - someone from another life altogether whom I am sure will be the subject of another post to come.

So really, when it comes to this wedding, I am fine. My ex-mother in law has asked me out to tea this weekend to 'chat'. I really would rather not go. I don't see why I need to subject myelf to an hour of explanations. I really don't need them. It's in the past and nothing she can possibly say will make any difference. I have healed and rebuilt foundations by myself, with the help of my inner circle, and that's all done.

So, please don't question the point of this post. No, it's not to convince myself that I am fine either. It's to just say, please stop looking at me like that. And that's the final say on that matter. Let's move on! Next!

5 comments:

Bel said...

Good for you!

I for one, believe you have moved forward.

Rafleesia said...

Thank you ;)

Rarebeet said...

I know you have and I admire you for that. You go girlfriend!

Rafleesia said...

Cheers boyfriend ;)

Anonymous said...

btw, i've boiled that damn rabbit for you!