Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Who's Got McPheever?


So what's the concencus so far? Katharine McPhee is of the view that the judges let alot of good voices go and let in alot of pretty people instead - which explains the presence of Becky O'Donohue, Stevie Scott and Heather Cox in the top 24. But let's give the Americans some voting credit for a change (they may get their presidential elections wrong but when it comes to Idol, they aren't too far off). But on the other hand, poor Jose 'Sway' Penala who must have lacked the 'likeability' factor despite a not-that-bad voice.

It appears that 'likeability' or 'the X-factor' are terms synonymous with good looks - politically correct alternatives if you like. No doubt, it's a popularity contest and talent is just one of the many factors that determine who stays in and who gets on the plane home. But if that's the theory, it's good to see the likes of Mandisa and Taylor Hicks still in the running.

I am a big Taylor fan, although I'm convinced he has a spastic condition in there somewhere - he is oddly likeable. I am also rooting for Kinnick, despite screwing up big time this week, her sense of style is enough for me to want to see what she'll be wearing next week. Kellie will not win the contest but she is a hoot ("I'm a mink!", "I had a salmon!") and Paris is amazing.

You know what's funny... Zhiwei was looking at the photos of the contestants on Idol On Fox and pointed to Kevin Covais. He turned and asked me "Who is that little boy?" Children speak their minds, unlike Paula Abdul.

I don't see what the fuss is all about with Chris (sorry Edwin) and Ace makes me look like a big, burly man. I personally think that Simon hot the nail on the head about Gedeon's smile and that Elliott will make it to the final.

My guess of the Final 12? Katharine, Lisa, Mandisa, Melissa, Kelly, Paris, Taylor, Elliott, Ace, Chris, Bucky, Gedeon. Sniff...bye Kinnick - I don't think the image of you eating hog's intenstines is going to do it for the American people. It might pull in the Chinese vote in Asia but not in LaLaLand where pasta sauce is known as either 'red' or 'white'.

3 comments:

shirlene said...

Aaahh I couldnt agree more with you. You really think Gedeon can make it? His smile bothers...

Rafleesia said...

As Edwin once elaborated on the intriguing subject of Gedeon's smile...it's from parallel universe. That's right, Gedeon is an alien with ADD. It's his medication that causes him to speak like a robot and smile like he's been Botoxed. Otherwise, his voice isn't too bad and his performances can be quite entertaining. But final Idol he is not.

shirlene said...

And my friend actually thinks Gedeon's sexy...Oh my...I have a feeling he's also got rather short tongue for such a wide mouth.
I really thought David was quite charming.