Tuesday, July 18, 2006

What's That Rose Bush Doing On Your Back?!

OK...the tat is done. Well, almost - after 3 hours, I put my foot down as my artist, Lena, took her weary eyes off and we jointly declared that enough was enough. I had pain coming out of my ears and Lena said the ah lian colours were doing her head in. We are 70% done and I need to return in 2 weeks to finish it off.

Can I just say that to those of you out there who tried to cushion the experience with soft words - "oh, it feels just like little ant bites", or "it goes numb after 10 minutes" - you are all liars. Honestly? It was more painful than childbirth.

OK, I had an epidural but still... Lena will vouch for the fact that my face changed to a shade of duck-shit green. Especially when she filing the 2 magenta peonies on the side - now I know what Edwin meant by having a cloth nearby to chew on.

They are a fun bunch over at Borneo Ink - nuts but fun and looking at the bunch of tattoeed humans parading past made me swallow my tension and deny embarrassment the satisfaction of me wailing like a baby.

I think the pain did at times cross over to pleasure, but only for a millionth of a second and that must have coincided with my mind crossing over to delusion.

Did I also mention the pain for next few hours after?

I am already dreading the next session...but I lurve my tattoo! It's so purrteeee...

3 comments:

wmw said...

Yay! Only Round One? Well, I do admire women who have given birth, that's the ultimate pain. I'll gladly stand on the sideline (like now!) and root for you all!

starlight said...

you had an EPIDURAL???? unbelievable. am dying to see the work of art later!!!

Rafleesia said...

Oh the flaws in my writing! I meant I had an epidural for the birth, NOT the tattoo...I am a little wimpy but not that wimpy!