Thursday, July 13, 2006

Never Trust A Bunged Up Cook

The flu blazes on and after an afternoon of hectic shopping for my food shoot tomorrow (yes, I even trekked down to Petaling Street!), I fell into deep slumber somewhere around 4pm and now at 10pm, am wide awake!

I ought to feel miserable as I had to forego my usual Thursday afternoon climb but honestly, would probably not have made it very far up the wall. The thing with climbing is that it's so honest. If you body is tired/hungover/wasted, it shows and renders the whole exercise pointless.

I made up for it by baking some meringues. My food blog is on hold while I get my act together and actually shoot some food instead of just cooking and eating it.

Cooking is so therapeutic. I could feel my muscles relax and mind zone into nothing as I sliced cucumbers to pickle. As I hollowed out its slimy backbone of seeds, and doused it with white vinegar, salt, sugar and chili, all seemed well in the world - terrorist bombs exploding all over Mumbai seemed very very far away indeed.

My meringues are 'drying out' in the oven and could take about 4 hours. My salted jellyfish strips are soaking for the night. And the cucumbers are pickling.

It's been a good day and so too will tomorrow be.

1 comment:

edwin s said...

finish the tattoo, don't get too caught up with climbing, it'll still be there and bloody use the camera I left with you! priorities girlfriend!

and nvm the 'i'll never fall in love' spiel...just do something else and worry about that. blardy funny lah you!