Friday, March 24, 2006

Time For A Wax

You know, it's true that When You Are Ready To Learn The Teacher Will Appear. Ie. fate works in mysterious ways to somehow make what you want to happen, happen. Like when you walk past Zara and see the dress of your dreams, ooh, some bank offers you a credit card with immediate approval. Or when you feel like your life is need of an overhaul, someone invites you to go rock climbing and you discover an interest you might want to take further.

The point of this is, I have been gagging for a beach holiday for a while now cos I'm the kind of person who needs to strip off every now and then and enjoy the caress of the sun, sea and sand (preferably in a swimsuit for the sake of the general public). Also, I think my son needs to get away from this urban jungle of TV and guns and hang with the outdoors. So, as I'm planning this holiday with my mates, another friend, Sabby, calls me up all the way from Kuching and offers me an all expense paid trip to Pangkor Laut for the weekend! How uncanny is that?!

Apparently, her best friend's Mum spent so much on her Platinum card that they offered her 3 free rooms in Pangkor Laut for her efforts. What the..???!!

Anyway, not one to complain, I am off next weekend and cannot wait! Time for a wax first though.

Will this apply to Prince Charming I wonder - so when's he going to turn up? (ya right - he no exist galfren)

W - whatever - anyway, it's been a pretty good week for me actually. Eg. Kevin is finally out.

Also, Edwin has thankfully agreed to take over my dog, Maya, who chewed, yes chewed my car fender - yes the bit made of metal. She is too young, hyper and deserves larger grounds, a Mummy who will pat her and feed her Science Diet even though she's a pariah. Edwin fulfills all of the above and will also be happy doing it. But she needs to be speyed first. Tell me, bitches need to have their periods first before they can be speyed right? Am I spelling "speyed" correctly? Or is it "spayed"? You see, good dog-owner I confess not to be, but writer I claim to be. Yet I cannot spell the word that means "infertiling" my dog.

Who cares?! I'm off to Pangkor Laut!

8 comments:

wmw said...

Me figures it's "spay". Anyway, my prediction came true...Kevin's out! No idea about the pie tee skin but I've a friend who makes it with a weird looking contraption!

shirlene said...

i need a weekend beach getaway too! Will you or Edwin babysit my 5 lovely dogs? : )
Kevin out! Next will probably be Bucky?

Edwin Sumun said...

If she's giving her dog to me, I doubt she'll take up the dog-sitting duties.

Good to she how the rest of us ain't going on this free trip Candice!

shirlene said...

Some dog owners spay their females right after birth. So no problem at all!

7 dogs altogether in your hands. Do you think you can manage them, Edwin? Amazing ; )

Edwin Sumun said...

7? You mean 9, don't you? Your 5 plus her 1 and my 3... Habis all the earnings having to feed the lot ;)

shirlene said...

oh! I didnt know you have 3 dogs. Henry, Bella and..? Deal is you feed the lot and I'll treat you to meals. Sounds fair.. ; )

Rafleesia said...

The 3rd one is Mascot - the psycho one...

Yayy...going to spay Maya this week...Edwin, are you ready for her?? Too late to change your mind!

wmw said...

I once stayed in a house with 14 dogs! Had to be careful of what I might step on (especially if one is barefooted ... goes right in between the toes! LOL !!!!).