Wednesday, February 15, 2006

The Simple Life

You know it was such a drag yesterday, having to skulk into my car, issues in tow and driiiivvveee all the way into town.

I pretty much got sick of it and told myself off.

I'm so glad for hands-free sets cos otherwise passing drivers would have thought (correctly) that there was a mental case in the car talking to herself.

So anyway, I reckpn that if I ever decided to leave writing as a profession altogether, I'd make a pretty good counsellor. Cos I kicked my own butt. And I'm pretty much OK now. No more blues.

I told myself that its alright to wallow a bit - cos I needed to grieve/mourn/whatever the situation but when it starts hetting out of hand, enough already! So the idea is to stop feeling sorry for myself and to just get on with doing what I need to do to get better.

So simple yet its a conclusion that has taken me (and many others) a while to arrive at. Its true what they say: When You ARe REady To Learn, The Teacher Will Appear!

No comments: