Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Yoga, Yuletide and the passing of time

Never mind the impending tax seminar tomorrow and the looming possibility that if I don't start working, there is the distinct possibility that four partners may be faced with an empty room meant for a press conference.

I spent the morning scouting around for cheap and chic yoga classes. I began yoga last year when my very-into-yoga-yogi-friend, Agnes, kept exalting ts benefits. Plus she had lost tonnes of weight and was beginning to look lean and strong like Madonna, minus the masculine muscles.
But alas, yoga, if done outside Brickfields, is not for those on a shoestring budget and my bank account soon groaned from the hefty weight of RM35 per class. It was only a matter of months before yoga fell further and further down the "To Do" list and now, to be completely honest, I can't even remember the complete sequence of the sun salutation.

Shame shame!

But I'm back! From Outer Space!

Tapas on Lorong Kurau in Bangsar has reinvented itself as an Ashtanga studio and even better, have a visiting teacher for the month of September. And the classes cost RM25, so at least I can still afford parking at work.

And two other yoga-gila friends, Merina and Diana, hip mums of the new age, also run a yoga class of their own brand every Sunday in Faber Ria, Taman Desa for only RM15. They are so grateful when people turn up, and pay as well(!), that I am looking forward to finding out why.

Another friend is also getting a Pilates group together in Suasana Sentral, so really I have no excuse.

Ignore the fact that Birthday season has arrived (Sept - Dec) which means, cakes are floating around aplenty. And soon, we shall be waist deep, cheeks groaning in Yuletide/Kongsi Raya festivities long before the first whiffs of Open House lontong even hit you. Who can turn their noses up at those Buka Puasas, where samada Melayu ke Cina ke India ke apa apa, semua pun jostle against each other to get to the juiciest ayam percik. Oops, mind the bloke who hasn't eaten for over 12 hours!

Speaking of which, a year has passed and I bet you didn't even see it coming! Gasp! I have been fat for almost 3 years now! What's the excuse?!

No comments: