Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Mrs Potato Head

I've decided that there's too much negativity in my life and it's not 'cos my life is shit but because I have a pessimistic streak that's lethally coupled with a love of the dramatics.

I wouldn't go as far to say that it's not my fault, but Hongkie Chinese drama serials have certainly played a stellar role in sculpting me this way. Too many men caught in the net and now, girls are supposed to sulk, men are supposed to beg for forgiveness and everyone is out to get you. Sob, I'm such a victim!

Anyway, Hongkie serials are no longer part of my TV diet and have since been replaced by the shocking investigative truths of CSI (both Miami and original), NYPD Blue, The Practice, Law & Order Special Victims Unit and (I'm so ashamed to admit it but yes) ... even Boston Public.

So now, I'm a suspicious, hard-nosed, fast-talking genius of an information digger. Master of mind reading, sleuth of body signals and all round basket case investigator.

Thanks to The Hubbit's efforts to wean me off trash on TV, I've emerged a hybrid of sorts, a creature all into herself. Plus, I must admit, I do also get my fill of tragedy, drama and horror (gasp, how could he choose her?!) in the likes of The Bachelor on Star World.

So in a nutshell, I reckon I've lost the candy coated Hong Kong flavouring, which is a good thing in itself, but taken on a smokier, nut-cracking look at the world. Give me a few more months and I'd be chewing tobacco.

And I'm not sure if this is entirely a good thing. Is it?

PS. Incidentally, this is supposed to be a cheery blog!

No comments: