Thursday, August 19, 2010

Stalker

That I am.

I've been stalking this artist on Etsy. I'm buying 2 prints from her and am trying to get hold of an original but they get snapped up so fast. I'm at her shop everyday, checking for new listings but I guess there are plenty of girly girls out there in an equal shopping frenzy.

This is in the spirit of setting up my new lovely apartment. It is also to cheer me up and disctract me from the extremely slow pace this whole s&p is taking. My agreement was stamped in April. Go figure. [Eyes rolling]. So we console ourselves with shopping.

I go to Apartment Therapy for inspiration. It's amazing how cosy a 600sq ft broom closet can look! And of course, there is Preston Bailey for the most gorgeous party decor I have ever seen. I thought he was my secret discovery until I found not one, but two hard-cover coffee table books of his displayed prominently at Kinokuniya yesterday. I suppose you can't create such beauty and not have anyone notice.

Speaking of beauty, I'm pretty set on getting a pair of Kartell ghost chairs. I absolutely LOVE the Louise XV design, of course if I can get hands on an old one, I'd rather that but there don't seem to be many around...

I bought my son a bed yesterday. This gorgeous mid-century teak bed frame with a sliding headboard for hiding secrets! Love it! So far, I've managed to find a Singer sewing machine table that I've always wanted plus this bed frame at Second Charm.

And clothes, we must always have plenty of clothes! Inspired from the latest STC movie (Dubai is dead, Abu Dhabi is the new Middle East!), I made a pit stop at my two fav shopping sites of late. One local, Blissfully Beautiful (what a name! Beautifully dressed but blissfully broke!) and of course, the indefatigable online shopping fashion institution that is Asos. I ordered 5 items from their sale last week only to realise at check out that they don't accept Malaysian credit cards. What a bummer! So, my lovely sister had to step in, wielding her prized UK credit card for I was not going to let go of those bargains. Lace dresses are all the rage next season, so it is said.

Then I discovered I was as broke as Jake Gyllenhall's heart in Brokeback and chanced upon the idea of actually painting my own stuff. So off I went to shop for supplies - canvases, and acrylics and brushes. I almost died on the second floor of Kinokuniya. But what makes me think I can paint now when I couldn't at school is still a mystery to me, but who knows? This weekend, we shall find out.

Then I went fabric shopping at the amazing Fah Num next to Kota Raya. I like to call it 'Farnum's' just to up the stylo factor but seriously, the stuff in there ain't cheap. Still I managed to get something. I also like People's Textiles across the street - they have an adorable selection of Japanese prints in there, which I like. What's a visit downtown without popping into Peter Ho? I love Peter Ho because a) I'm going to copy his style of framing Indian miniature paintings and b) it's a lovely oasis from the Petaling Street madness.

So much to do and so little time. Even worse, so little money! Choi choi choi choi!

2 comments:

Luscious Temptations said...

Oh dear ... you're not going all Martha Stewart on us, are ya? Fah Num's is lurrrrvely. Don't believe you've only just discovered it. Mum takes me there grudgingly whenever I turn my nose up at the offerings at Kamdar. I mean like .... seriously ... do I look like a Kamdar gurl? I'm liking the new peony like wallpaper background. So ... homely :D
You see .. me and my credit card does come in handy every now and then.

Rafleesia said...

Farnum's rocks! Bee has been going on abt it for years but I've never been. Now, I will never leave! Kamdar?! Goodness gracious! Surely not!