Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Wait

It's Wednesday night and I just realised that I have not posted an entry about the ARA auditions. Well, actually there is not much to say because Edwin and I signed a very thick confidentiality agreement that day. One thing I can say is that the experience has left me mentally exhausted. After two nights of over 8 hours sleep each, I am only today, feeling a little human again. I don't how my nerves will survive the race at this rate with all its accompanying excitement and anxiety.

To be honest, I am in two minds about the whole thing. Assuming we get selected of course. One part of me is sitting up straight going "What were you thinking?? You can't just disappear for weeks and leave all your responsibilities unattended?!" The other part of me wants to whack the responsible part to a pulp. As in "Hello what kind of idiot have you become to pass up such an opportunity?! Stop being so damned boring and live a little!"

So you see, I am a little stressed out with this possible forked road looming ahead. We should know by the weekend. Comfortable dead lines could suddenly become uncomfortable. Money would suddenly need to appear from nowhere to pay bills ahead of time. Bosses may start to look at me differently. And the biggest dread of all? A son may forget who his mother is.

Big, BIG sigh...we shall wait and see.

7 comments:

wmw said...

But don't forget what great stories will you bring back to your son on such an amazing journey... and those stories will be with you and your son forever. What a cool mom you will be!

Rafleesia said...

How sweet you are..;) Not so cool when falling all over the place or puking stuff that can't be stomached!

edwin s said...

I know you worry about ZW but if we get in, I think it's something the fates have decided. Maybe the time has come for Tebs to pick up on his fatherly duties and come to the realization that he has a child to be responsible for. A sperm and an egg does not a holiday make and he just needs to know that. Don't feel so guilty about it cos you're making me feel the same way.

Rafleesia said...

You're feeling guilty? About what?
This wait is playing tricks on the mind me thinks

shirlene said...

Alright it is the weekend. Soooooo? Did the duo get into AR Asia? Did you? Did you? : |

Mark said...

Love it all!
God you write so well,I am bloody envious, still at least I play golf well.........

Rafleesia said...

...and you also photograph well and live in lovely france so life is quite fair after all! thanks for dropping by.