Monday, December 05, 2005

Candy floss and what a mess it makes!

Does misery create good literature?

We will soon discover if I write better down and out or up and about.

What a break! So much has changed...life is better.

Is it possible to be down and not really know it? Having a look through my pre-break posts, it appears I lived a pastel-coloured, candy-coated existence...right, I wouldn't even call it a life. More like living in pink candy floss...all entangled and messy but so pretty and sweet! Someone mentioned a "Disneyland Life" the other day - quite within the context of something else, but I think it apt applied here.

"The Gans are off again"...

???

What was I on?

Hubbit and Bubbit??

In an attempt to paint my life rosy to disguise the rot that was really inside, I turned my life into a cartoon fit for air on Disney Playhouse. Wasn't Candyland just grand?

And the wonder of it all is not so much my talent for foolery but the unexpected discovery of people's need to believe in happy endings.

Which is why romantic comedies will always sell and people like Judith Gould still come out with books. I don't think I was a particularly good actor, merely that others wanted to see the good and the happy so much that they chose to forgive the glarings slip-ups in the script and gaping holes in the plot.

Come on guys, how could you not have known?!

Haha...I'm happy enough to laugh these days. Not the "thin smile of tacit approval" that someone wrote of me in a testimonial but a great big hulking laugh that booms and shrieks and lets off fireworks!

No comments: