Monday, July 09, 2007

Of Food Fights in Cyberspace and Devils in Gucci

I haven't been in the mood to write. It's not from the lack of content, mind you. Life has been eventful, in a good way, but I reckon sometimes there's a need to get in there and live it rather than write about every episode that comes along.

What have I been doing? I've been living in Facebook - reliving days when my nickname was Spadie. I've been busy throwing food in cyberspace, meeting very strange people and comparing baby notes with an ex boyfriend.

Haha, we live in a strange and surreal world.

I've been living in Philip Pullman's worlds - the one which we share with daemons. The Northern Lights (aka The Golden Compass) is alluring. Am about to launch into another universe in The Subtle Knife. I've been living in Hogwarts too, with The Making Of The Order of the Phoenix and the showing of The Goblet Of Fire on HBO last night. I'm eager to see The One Who Cannot Be Named in a Gucci suit in the movie installment of the former and waiting with bated breath for the release of The Deathly Hallows.

I've been imagining what it must be like to volunteer in a Nepalese orphanage. Wondering if The Silk Road is as captivating as I imagine it to be. Conflicted over whether to still travel to India and face the touts in Delhi come October or trek to the Everest Base Camp.

I've eaten lots of durians, lots of pork and lots of McDonalds chocolate sundaes.

The tummy is happy, the mind is ticking, the heart is full. My, it's good to be alive!

No comments: